SKU The Consumer Product Goods Startup Accelerator Announces 5th Cohort
SKU, the consumer product goods startup accelerator based in Austin Texas has had a lot of success since launching in 2012 by Austin based entrepreneur Shari Wynne Ressler. Ressler first launched SKU under the name Incubation Station. She is also the founder of the Entrepreneurial Law Bar Association. The organization is a group of lawyers across the globe that practice “entrepreneurial law”.
The SKU accelerator partners with major players in the consumer goods space like grocery store chain HEB and Land O’ Lakes. They’ve also had some great mentors over the years including Rick Wittenbraker (former CMO at Yeti Coolers), Amy Kramer (ConAgra Foods), and Austin based design mogul, Kendra Scott.
Some of their notable alumni include Criquet brand clothing, Raven and Lily, and Moniker Guitars.
The accelerator holds one cohort per year and receives hundreds of applications from across the country. This year was no different.
Here are the companies participating:
- Cocina 54, (Austin) organic, gluten free oven baked empanadas.
- Karma Nuts (San Francisco) produces flavored cashews full of nutrition.
- Shade Tree Lemonade (Austin) organic lemonades.
- Rickshaw (Austin) Austin inspired boot and flip flop brand.
- Soul Popped (Austin) Gourmet, Soul-Food inspired popcorn.
- Real Good Gum (Austin) 5 ingredient gunk free gum.
- El Noreteno (Madison) Authentic Mexican meat snacks.
You can check out SKU at sku.is