Applications Now Open For METRO Accelerator For Hospitality Powered By Techstars
METRO, Europe’s largest wholesaler to restaurants and hotels, along with Techstars, have opened applications for their third hospitality startup accelerator.
The first two programs have been very successful. The 21 companies that have been through the program have raised over $50 million dollars in capital. METRO, like Techstar’s other vertical partners, allows for startups to quickly build relationships with key businesses and people in the industry.
This year, participants will also be able to run a pilot utilizing METRO’s Horeca.Digital unit. This subsidiary of METRO, markets digital solutions to restaurants and hotels across Germany, France, Austria, Italy and Spain. This could lead to direct on-boarding for some of these new companies and the potential for a multi year lead generation agreement, according to the Techstars blog.
“Over the last month, Horeca.Digital has delivered over 1,000 warm leads to one startup with which they have just signed a deal. Now this company has been scrambling to hire salespeople. What a problem to have!” Techstar’s Jens Lapinski said.
The METRO Accelerator For Hospitality Powered By Techstars has other great benefits as well:
- An offer of 120.000€ of investment
- Mentorship from and access to key METRO and Techstars executives and leaders, other hospitality industry leaders, venture capitalists, and experienced entrepreneur
- An opportunity to test with METRO lead generation of your product to restaurants or hotels in one country (Germany, France, Austria, Italy, or Spain)
- Free dedicated working space in the heart of Berlin for the duration of the program
- A Demo Day in December 2017, where each team will present their company and product to hundreds of investors
- The chance to become a member of the METRO and Techstars alumni network for life
“The close cooperation between Techstars as a leading startup network and METRO as one of the world’s leading wholesalers has proven that there is a highly attractive market for digital solutions in restaurants and hotels for investors as well as operators. We still have a long way to go before we exhaust this potential,” says Jens Lapinski, Managing Director Techstars of METRO Accelerator. ‟The third round of the Accelerator will push the boundaries here in every respect – we are now in a position to fully exploit the sales capacities for digital products that METRO has built up. This gives young companies significantly improved market access, and therefore a competitive advantage.”
Interested startups can apply here. The application deadline is June 18th however if you can get your application in by April 30th Techstars will be able to help give you feedback during the application process.