Epson Launches the PowerLite 685W for Classroom SMART Presentation Displays
Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide, today announced the Epson PowerLite® 685W Ultra Short-Throw Presentation Display for SMART. The new presentation display, which offers seamless integration with the SMART Extended Control Panel (ECP)1, is part of Epson’s continued collaboration with SMART Technologies Inc. to bring amazing images to classrooms using the SMART Board® M685 and 885 interactive whiteboards.
“Through our longstanding partnership with SMART, Epson is able to provide industry leading display technology for K-12 classrooms,” said Veronika Knight, product manager, Projectors, Epson America, Inc. “Epson PowerLite 685W for SMART’s compatibility with the SMART Board M685 and 885 interactive whiteboards, as well as the presentation display’s functionality takes collaboration and classroom learning to the next level.”
The PowerLite 685W for SMART leverages Epson’s proprietary 3LCD technology which offers up to 3x higher color brightness than competitive models2. The presentation display delivers 3,500 lumens of color and white brightness3, WXGA resolution versatile connectivity to meet a variety of classroom needs.
“SMART is committed to providing technology and software that ensure classrooms are collaborative and engaging,” said Fraser Smith, Manager, Group Programs, SMART Technologies. “The new PowerLite 685W for SMART provides customers the ability to maintain an integrated SMART interactive whiteboard system, powered by SMART Learning Suite software, with top-of-the-line projection technology.”
Ideal for BYOD classrooms, the new PowerLite 685W for SMART offers wireless functionality to help students learn and collaborate. It enables instructors to share content between the big screen and wirelessly connected mobile devices for individualized learning. Students can wirelessly participate in discussions by displaying content from Chromebooks, PCs and Mac®computers, as well as iOS and Android devices, with the Epson iProjection wireless display solution4. Up to 50 users can connect to the projector simultaneously when used in conjunction with Epson Multi-PC projection plus the Moderator device management software. Displaying content from as many as four students simultaneously, it’s the perfect tool for showing a variety of content, or for comparing students’ work side-by-side.5
The PowerLite 685W for SMART also offers additional networking capabilities that allow schools to manage up to 1,024 Epson networked displays using the EasyMP® Monitor software or Crestron RoomView®. Teachers can also connect to an access point on the network to share their display with the entire class, without adding more cables. Additionally, using the Message Broadcasting plug-in for EasyMP Monitor, schools can send updates or announcements remotely to up to 1,024 Epson networked displays.
More about Epson’s new PowerLite 685W for SMART
The PowerLite 685W for SMART provides amazing quality, flexibility and performance for classroom collaboration, with features including:
- Compatible – Specially designed to work with SMART Board M685 and 885 interactive whiteboards
- Seamless integration – Connect and control a display via the SMART Extended Control Panel (ECP)1
- Ultra Short-Throw Presentation Displays – Provides virtually no shadow interference from 8 inches away
- Up to 3x Higher Color Brightness2, and Reliable Performance – 3LCD, 3-chip technology
- Versatile Connectivity – 3x HDMI® supports multiple high-definition A/V devices, with MHL® support6
- Enhance Classroom Collaboration – Wireless display solution allows teachers to control personal device display and encourages students to participate4
- Bright Display – High brightness along with 3LCD technology creates bright, colorful images
- Long-Life Lamps – Lasts up to 10,000 hours in ECO Mode7
- Remote Management – Easy network connectivity with software included
- Powerful Sound – Built-in 16W speaker and microphone input, or use external speakers, even in Standby Mode, for powerful sound to engage every student
Find out more here at epson.com