ISTE 2017 Ignite Sessions Are Filled With The Latest Skills, Tech, Innovation and Even Startups
ISTE is the largest edtech conference in the western hemisphere. It’s happening June 25th-28th at the Henry B Gonzalez Convention Center in downtown San Antonio. Ignite sessions are rapid fire multi presentations of the latest skils, technology, innovation and even startups. Hear from a wide variety of speakers covering the topics that are on the cutting edge of edtech. ISTE is presenting their Ignite sessions in two different, but equally as stimulating, rounds. Round 1 is Sunday June 25th from 1:30-2:45pm in the Stars Ballroom 1&2. Round 2 is in the same location, but Monday from 10:00am-11:00am.
Here are six reasons you don’t want to miss ISTE Ignite Sessions this year.
- Get a quick look and understanding of the move from AR (augmented reality) and VR (virtual reality) to MR (mixed reality) in education with Jaime Donally the founder of EdChange Global, Global Maker and the host of the AR/VR in EDU chat on Twitter every Wednesday night at 8pm CST
- Stop Banning the F word in school ( you know you want to find out more). Progressive tech integrator Nathan Kraai will talk about banning the F word in school (are we talking about Failure or F**k?)
- The one we are most looking forward to on Sunday in round 1 is Curran Dee, the 4th grade founder of DigCitKids an organization that’s teaching and doing digital citizenship for kids and by kids. If you’re not sure about attending round 1, Curran is definitely the reason.
- Tod Lockard the Chief Commercial Officer for BoClips will present: Fake News: Created by Trump? New tech to find trusted news easily.
- Todd Flory a master teacher and Buncee ambassador will talk about Developing Global Citizens in a Global Classroom. (we didn’t pick him because his name is also Todd)
- Her name isn’t Todd either but we absolutely love #Booksnaps it’s how to use Snapchat as an educational tool in the classroom. Tara Martin the creator of Booksnaps will talk about what Booksnaps is and how to implement it into your classroom.
The Ignite sessions are in the Stars Ballrooms 1&2 On Sunday June 25th from 1:30-2:45 and on Monday from 10:00am-11:00am