MySchoolDance Has Created A Platform For Managing School Dances, Taylor Explains It All At FETC 2018
At the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year a teacher in Detroit decided to take the money that she had collected as the faculty advisor for several school events including homecoming and a parent/student field trip at Dakota High School. The teacher took all of the money she had stolen and spent it playing penny slots at the MGM Detroit Casino. If this sounds crazy to you, this isn’t the first time this has happened. In fact a quick Google search will reveal that about once a year there’s a teacher caught with his or her hand in the cookie jar, or in this case the cash box for the school dance.
The creator’s of Thinkhelpdesk.com have created a platform that helps teachers and student committees manage school dances more effectively. MySchoolDance handles everything from event planning to ticketing and everything in between.
With MySchoolDance teachers set up an event, similar to eventbrite. Using MySchoolDance teachers and students can promote their event, plan their event, and even have permission slips electronically signed and stored in their event account for reference later on.
The advantages to MySchoolDance are clear. They streamline the event process and make them manageable via a smartphone or tablet, something all teachers and students are familiar with. The ticketing aspect of the platform helps schools protect the funds they’ve collected for events, even theater performances or sporting events. With MySchoolDance as students purchase tickets the money is moved electronically to the school’s accounts. There’s no need for students to bring cash or have parents write checks.
MySchoolDance has thought of everything when it comes to putting on a successful school event:
Online ticket sales
- Students buy tickets via secure online payment
- Dance tickets are distributed digitally
- No more worrying about unsecure cash boxes
- Create customizable dance contracts or agreements using the contract builder
- Students, guests, and parents receive and sign contracts or agreements digitally
Dance Planning Tools
- Downloadable dance planning tools
- Marketing and promotional materials
- Integrated theme ideas and decoration links
- Reporting on ticket sales
Safety and Security
- Comprehensive user management and advanced security
- PCI Level 1 compliant payment processor
- Safety checks and balances to ensure student and parent compliance
We got a chance to speak with MySchoolDance’s Taylor Buckley at FETC 2018 in Orlando. Check out the video above and for more info visit MySchoolDance.com or see them at TCEA 2018 in Austin, February 5-9th booth #2485.