ISTE 2017: bulb Unveils Even More Features Through bulbSchool, To Help Students And Teachers Share Their Smarts
bulb the online portfolio platform that let’s teachers and students “share their smarts” just got a whole lot smarter themselves. Ahead of the annual ISTE conference in San Antonio, the Austin based edtech startup has announced a whole slew of features under the “bulbSchool” umbrella. bulb wanted to insure that their feature packed, creative online portfolio platform could be easily adopted both school wide and district wide. With that in mind they built bulbSchool to go along with bubFree and bulb.
The new bulbSchool incorporates feature that address key issues like credential management, rostering and security. They’ve also enhanced security and permissions and added a feature rich, administrator dashboard.
“Teachers and students love how easy it is to use bulb and how beautiful it makes their work look, but educators must manage many ed-tech platforms to provide student with the best education possible,” said Eric Goldreyer, CEO and co-founder of bulb. “bulbSchool removes any possible barriers so administrators and teachers can offer students a best-of-breed digital portfolio to help turn information into knowledge.”
- A personal portfolio for educators and students with unlimited collections and pages.
- Through a personal bulbapp.com URL, users own their content and can take it with them wherever they go.
- Optimized for all devices, all you need is an internet connection. Bulb looks great and is easy-to-use on iPads, Chrome books, desktop computers, laptops, and smart phones.
- Simple video, text, image, file attachment and embed tools that allows students and teachers to focus on the ‘what’ and leave the ‘how’ to bulb.
- Share your smarts with the ability to publish to the bulb community, to private groups and the ability to publish to only one or just a few people.
- Unlimited private groups allows teachers to have private class groups for publishing and sharing of work and assignments
- Sign-on integration that works best for the district/school
- Bulk learner and educator account creation including class group formation
- Author-controlled Q&A encourages conversation without the risk of unwanted comments, and in-line commenting that allows direct feedback to a particular word, sentence or artifact.
- Asset library- keep your images, video and documents in a bulb library and make them easily accessibly to publish onto multiple pages or save them for publishing at a later date.
- Presentation mode- use bulb to present in front of a crowd. The new presentation mode will make this even easier and more glamorous than before.
- Professional development because we value partnering with teachers to help to meet your needs: how to incorporate student portfolios into your curriculum, what makes a strong portfolio, creating engaging lessons in bulb, and more.
bulb will debut the new bulbSchool at ISTE 2017 in San Antonio, June 25th-28th, booth #3232 and online here.