Headed To SXSWedu, Follow These 20 Twitter Accounts To Keep Up With The Action
SXSWedu kicks off this week in Austin Texas. The education festival caters to grades pre-k through higher ed or pre-k through 20 for those in the know. By edtech standards it’s a pretty big conference and it’s growing every year. It’s also the official pre-conference to SXSW one of the largest independently produced festivals in the world.
With hundreds of speakers, tracks and sessions catering to all grade levels, innovation, startups and best practices, it can be tough to keep up with all the action. As we do with every major event, here’s our list of 20 Twitter accounts to follow to keep up with SXSWedu
- @failstatemovie we’re really excited about the viewing of Fail State: Subprime Goes To College. Directed by Alex Shebanow and backed by Executive Producer Dan Rather, this movie tells the real life story of John Grisham’s latest novel, The Rooster Bar.
- @projectpals is launching their innovative project based learning collaborative management tool at SXSWedu. Follow them to keep up with #sxswedu and everything #PBL
- @jenwilliamsedu one of these days we’re going to meet up with Jennifer Williams in a hotel lobby bar and compare frequent flyer accounts because she’s at every major edtech conference. She’s the education director at @participate and she’s a contributor to Edutopia and Education Week. She’s also a frequent speaker and panelist
- @batelleforkids they’re hosting a leadership summit on becoming a 21st century district at #SXSWedu and tweet about the promise of 21st century learning for every student
- @jesslahey is a speaker, teacher and mom. She’s the author of “The Gift Of Failure: How The Best Parents Learn To Let Go So Their Children Can Succeed” we know about 1,430,231 parents who should read this book. Oh and she’s also the closing keynote at SXSWedu
- @edsurge although nibletz is the #1 Google News source for SXSWedu, EdSurge is one of the best edtech online publications out there. If you haven’t yet, check out this list of 29 SXSWedu sessions to watch at this years SXSWedu now go follow them, and for fun, tell them we sent you.
- @higheredsurge is EdSurge’s Higher Ed arm and if you didn’t know SXSWedu is as much K-12 as it is Higher Ed. If you want to keep up with the higher ed side of things at SXSWedu you’ll add them to your preferred list of twitterites and again, tell them that we sent you.
- @VictoryVR_1 is integrating a great standards aligned curriculum with immersive virtual reality and students love it. They’ll be at SXSWedu
- @Getting_Smart they’re helping more young people get smart & connect to the idea community. They’ve been tweeting a bunch about SXSWedu
- @Shirky17 is a STEAM Maker Educator, blogger and huge advocate for Maker Education. He wants to go to all the sessions and see all the things and when he figures out just which ones he’s actually going to, we’re confident he’ll share them on Twitter.
- @Stu_Voice you can’t help but love Student Voice. Make sure you check out their summit on March 7th at SXSWedu to learn from 10 student activists from across the country. Also they’ll be part of Big Picture Learning’s Student Entrepreneurship Showcase
- @birdbraintech is an amazing company that creates the Humming Bird robotics kit that helps turn anything your students can create into an interactive STEM/STEAM experience. Find them in the SXSWedu playground oh and CUE 18 too.
- @professorjosh is a startup guy and an edtech guy, kind of like us, so we highly recommend you follow him on Twitter. This Florida based edtech guru, blogger and startup connoisseur has been tweeting a lot about SXSWedu. Find him at the show and ask him to sketch you.
- @ElaBenUr is the developer of #innovatorcompass she’s hosting a must attend workshop on design thinking
- @4pt0Schools 4.0 Schools is an amazing organization that supports people who have identified problems in education within their communities. They’ll be at SXSWedu participating in a bunch of discussions. They’ve also highlighted some great sessions on their Twitter feed.
- @WickedDecent follow Dan Ryder because he’s wicked decent, he’s also a high school English Teacher, SXSWedu veteran and one of the hosts of the SXSWedu 1st timer’s meetup (our editor advised us not to call it SXSWedu Virgins meetup), Dan will talk to anyone because again, he’s wicked decent.
- @bigpiclearning Big Picture Learning helps reach into the potential of schools, systems, and education through student-driven real world education and to make them great. They’re hosting a Student Entrepreneurship Showcase and participating in a bunch of great discussions at SXSWedu
- @tatumftech is our 10 year old edtech reporter and the youngest reporter ever cleared for SXSWedu (and SXSW proper for that matter), CES, ISTE, TCEA, FETC, CUE and most of the other major edtech shows. She’s been video reporting on edtech since she was 6 starting at ISTE 2014 in Atlanta. If you want her to interview you at SXSWedu just email email@example.com
- SXSWedu is the official Twitter feed for SXSWedu follow them for all the important announcements, schedule and speaker changes and more
- Nibletztweets our official Twitter. We’re the #1 Google News Source for SXSWedu, Spring CUE 2018, ISTE 17, FETC 18, TCEA 18 and more.