One Of Our Favorite EdTech Tools, Kahoot, Has Eclipsed 70M Unique Users Per Month.
Kahoot, the easiest to implement, and fastest growing trivia game for education, conference and the board room has eclipsed 70 million unique users per month. Kahoot allows teachers, speakers, even employers, to quickly set up trivia games or fast fun group assessments that groups small and large can participate in, simply by using a smartphone or tablet.
Kahoot is used far and wide across the globe. While it’s a natural fit in K-12 and college classrooms we’ve even been to conferences where panel speakers have used it for audience participation. It’s no wonder that such an easy to use, versatile, interactive tool has reached 70 million monthly unique users. While that’s a feat in itself Kahoot has had 1.6 billion players on the platform since their launch in 2013. All of this equates to Kahoot being one of the most widely used technologies in K-12 classrooms in the world.
Teachers, administrators and students love Kahoot. In a recent survey from EdWeek Market Brief Kahoot was ranked number 5 out of the 40 most popular digital classroom tools, beat out only by Google Docs, YouTube, Google Drive and Canvas. It was also the number 1 assessment tool.
“I couldn’t be happier and prouder to share Kahoot!’s impressive growth numbers for 2017 and our goal is clearly to continue with this momentum in 2018,” said Erik Harrell, CEO, Kahoot! “2017 was a pivotal year for the company, with the launch of Kahoot! Studio, Kahoot! Plus and the brand new Kahoot! mobile app, not to mention major improvements we have made to our core platform. We couldn’t be more appreciative of our users – students, teachers, corporate trainers and others – who have embraced Kahoot! and our new products with open arms.”
Here are some other exciting facts about Kahoot’s growth:
- 47% of U.S. K-12 teachers used Kahoot! in 2017.
- More than 50% of U.S. K-12 students use Kahoot! on a monthly basis.
- Kahoot! has a million corporate users, 25% of which work at Fortune 500 companies and usage grew 100% year-over-year in 2017.
- Out of more than 70 million monthly active users of Kahoot!, 42 million (60%) are in the United States and 1.8 million are in its home country of Norway.
- Since Kahoot!’s launch in 2013, there have been 1.6 billion cumulative participating players on the Kahoot! platform, of which 1 billion are in the United States.
- 3.3 kahoots are hosted every second and 200 kahoots every minute globally with 240 questions answered every second and 14,400 answers every minute.
- The Kahoot! platform has 51 million kahoot games on any topic imaginable, growing 84% year over year.
- Kahoot! Studio, a new offering that provides ready-to-play, high-quality, curriculum-aligned games, has grown to over 13 million cumulative participating players in 4 months since its launch in August of 2017.
Find out more about Kahoot at TCEA 2018 in Austin, February 5-9th, booth #305 and online at kahoot.com
Check out more of our TCEA 2018 coverage here.