10 Shreveport Area Startups Funded With NLAF1
The New Louisiana Angel Fund 1 reported that they funded 10 startups in 2016. They also participated in three follow investments according to the Magnolia Reporter.
The fund is based in Shreveport Louisiana and the startups they backed are based there as well. The $2.6 million dollar fund was organized by the Biomedical Research Foundation in 2014.
“Our young startups here in North Louisiana are in various stages of fundraising. We anticipate seeing some great growth among these companies in the coming year. NLAF 1 is a founder friendly group that has been eager to be involved in the early stages,” said BRF CEO and President John F. George Jr., M.D.
The group is preparing to embark on the North Louisiana Angel Fund 2 which will include many of the 53 investors from the first fund along with new investors. Like most angel funds the NLAF funds are comprised of a group of investors hear a pitch and decide if each investor wants to participate. They then invest collectively as one unit in each startup.
The 10 startups that were funded in NLAF 1 are:
- Embera NeuroThereaputics – Clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on smoking cessation, cocaine dependence and other addiction
- Swaybox Studios – Film and TV media technology studio that specializes in puppetry
- Lagniappe Labs – Research company with system to determine the value of privately held companies
- Mainspree – An E-commerce platform for small retailers using social media
- Innolyzer – Science technology company offering a “lab on a chip” concept that measures hydrogen sulfide
- Highly Favored Creations – Pet product company specializing in pet health and longevity
- CyberReef – Technology company that makes machine-to-machine communication more secure
- EndoPro Solutions – Medical technology company fighting obesity
- SkyCoach – Software company aiding coaches in capturing and analyzing plays
- Segue Therapeutics – Pharmaceutical company focused on cancer drug development