Former Stuntman Turned Founder Of Hit TV Show ToyMakerz, David Ankin, Offers Tips For Turning Your Passion Into Profits
Many experts say that your passion is something you would do for free because you love it so much. However, doing things for free doesn’t pay the bills or put food on the table. People still need to earn a salary so that they can meet their needs, and some of their wants. The good news is that we don’t have to choose between doing what we are passionate about and earning a paycheck. When done right, the two can come together so that people can earn a living from what they are passionate about.
“Being able to turn my passion for cars and building custom motorized toys into a profitable business has been life-changing for me,” says David Ankin, inventor and star of the hit show ToyMakerz. “Every day I get to do what I love and I get to make a good living doing it. Being able to share my passion and creativity with the world is an amazing feeling, and at the end of the day I know that it’s also giving me a paycheck. It’s a win-win situation that I wish for everyone.
Ankin’s passion is for creating custom street machines. His one-of-a-kind toys are street cars and hot rods that can be used on racetracks and for pure fun. Through following his passion, he has helped other adults be able to relive their youth and have some fun. His machines are so popular that they are typically custom ordered or snatched up immediately when they become available, with many collectors making the purchase.
While many people would have doubted that Ankin could have made a good living from following his passion, he has become a shining example of doing just that. He has surpassed what most people would have thought was possible. Following his passion, he has been able to create a business, find his target market, and also have a hit television show that showcases what he’s doing.
Here are some of Ankin’s tips for turning passion into profits:
- Have the right mindset. You have to believe in what you are doing and that you will be successful. Remove all doubt and maintain a positive attitude. Use the laws of attraction to help bring you the success you are after by following your passion. Remember, whether you think you can or you can’t, you are usually right. The right mindset will see you through the tough times and keep you pushing forward toward success.
- Find your people. There are people out there who will love what you have to offer. These people are your tribe. You just need to find those people, as they are your target market. Determine the best way to reach those people. If there is something you are passionate about, there have to be many others out there who feel the same.
- Refine your message. Most people who make a purchase do so because what they are buying is going to make a difference in their life. Whether that difference is fun, relaxation, a way to earn more money, they need to know what it will do for them. Work on what it is that what you will be offering will do for your tribe.
- Surround yourself with the right team. Very few people can do everything on their own, turning their passion into profit all by themselves. It’s important to hire and outsource to the right people who can help bring what you have to offer to the market. Find those who believe in what you are doing and understand how to help make what you are doing more of a success.
- Find routes to bring it to market. No matter what your passion may be, there is always a way to bring it to the market. This has become increasingly easier with the Internet and rise of apps. For example, Ankin wanted to give his viewers an interactive app to ride along with, so when you are part of the ToyMakerz nation you can interact with cast and upload pictures of your toys via their app.
- Have a marketing and PR plan. Every business needs to get their information out there to the masses. Have a plan for getting the information about what you are offering to your target market. Whether this is through online or offline routes, nearly every business out there has to engage in marketing or public relations in order to be successful.
- Immerse yourself in social media. Social media today is a game changer for a business as everyone is using some kind of social media, which means you need to be there to reach your audience. Get to know what social media platforms your target market uses and start engaging that audience. No matter what you are trying to sell it is important to embrace technology. The tools in today’s technology world can help you reach people, engage them, and give you a platform to help lead you toward success.
- Give back. Find ways to give back to those in your community and in causes you care about. The more you help be the change, the better off everyone will be. You help yourself when you reach out to help others.
“When you love what you do and you believe that there is a market for it, then there is a great chance you will have success at it,” added Ankin. “Those who choose not to give it a try are letting fear make their decision. You can never succeed that way. Sometimes you have to be willing to take the first step even when you can’t see the whole staircase.”
ToyMakerz was founded by David Ankin, who is a former stuntman who used to do stunts with motorcycles, racecars, and also at Universal Studios for their Batman and Water World shows. Watching his father use metal to build things when he was growing up inspired him to go on to do the same. Today, he has earned praise for the eccentric one-of-kind street machines that he’s built. There is nothing idle about his work. Ankin has surrounded himself with a top-notch team, starting with David Young, who is his business partner. Young manages the business side of ToyMakerz and serves as its President and CFO.
ToyMakerz partnered with Source Digital to develop an app, which is helping fans connect with the show. Enhancing the viewer experience with new digital brand integrations, the ToyMakerz app lets fans connect with the cast, score exclusive deals on anything they see on the screen while they are watching the show live, and share pictures of their own rides!
The ToyMakerz TV show is currently re-airing episodes from season 2 On Demand on Velocity. ToyMakerz season one is also available on iTunes and Amazon. ToyMakerz is produced by Los Angeles based production company, Lucky13Cinematic. For more information about ToyMakerz, visit the site at: http://toymakerz.com.