Connecticut Innovations just oversaw the awarding of 4 $10,000 Startup awards as part of the CTNext program. The program, which functions like a pitch contest, awards up and coming high growth potential startups, based in Connecticut. The startups chosen can use the money for prototyping, testing, development, research and licensing. These are costs that can drown startups in their earliest days.
Here are the startups that took home the money:
- WePutTheDinDesign.com, Hartford: The company is developing prototypes of a hands-free accessory to help individuals organize and carry more.
- Enviro Power, East Hartford: The company is developing a micro combined-heat-and-power generator for residential and commercial properties.
- Babyation, Branford: The company will advance the first-generation prototype design of a breast pump.
- Elidah, Sandy Hook: The company is designing and prototyping a generator for their electrical-stimulation electrode for stress urinary incontinence.
- WePutTheDInDesign took home an additional $2,000 for being “judges favorite”, along with $1000 from the Angel Forum.
- Everlist took home an extra $2000 for being the “crowd favorite”.
- CTNext has awarded nearly $300,000 in these startup grants since early last year. They will give away more money in September.